Online Users

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 113 on Fri May 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

WebSDR

Anybody interested in GIS, location, terrain, cartography ??

Here members can discuss about books and review it, what they learned from it.Where to get. etc

Anybody interested in GIS, location, terrain, cartography ??

PostAuthor: lrmodesar » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Hey guys,

How are you doing. If anybody interested in GIS, mapping, cartography, etc.... please let me know. i have not yet home brewed my radio system, and thus i am unable to be in band. however i will soon try to.

i have been actively involved(but not much- like leisure hobby) in contributing to openstreet maps(collaborative mapping-think wikipedia) that involves GIS, cartography and the tools associated with it........

Recently i have completely downloaded the SRTM terrain data, which can be used totally offline. with correct system strategy and implementation, we can together (those who are interested) can construct a good - real-time map representing and distributing location based data specific to amateur civil society in our country.

i know this is very much similar to WSPR and APRS, but the difference are :
1. offline system and distributed nature
2. almost real-time
3. include additional meta information such as coverage ranges, pathloss calculated by radio frequency engineering and models
4. additional features includes : coordination of ham civil society that will be very helpful in event organization and calamity/emergency response, post emergency situation, relief organizing, etc.... to name a few...
5. since the data is completely offline people no more need to access _ _ _ _ing centralized mapping like google and their API's ..... do you understand what i mean ???

i would like to trial run such a system in SIARS website.

it would be very useful, if it is a web application.

i can discuss more, and this is extension of some of the ideas i already had. if any body is interested please contact by sending private message or better use my email id : 31gane@gmail.com

i would also like to know what our admin thinks about it ..... :D
:idea: :idea: :?:
lrmodesar

Return to Books /Review