Online Users

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 113 on Fri May 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Registered users: No registered users based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

WebSDR

Writing exam and getting a licence in Hyderabad

Discuss about getting licence, Writing ASOC exam etc

Writing exam and getting a licence in Hyderabad

PostAuthor: arunshank » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:19 pm

I am new to this forum
I was searching for site or HAM association in Hyderabad and found this page, I am basically from Madras and now working in Hyderabad as a Principal Scientist (Plant Physiology) in Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture (CRIDA) which is under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). I have been interested in radios and short wave since my childhood but I did not get the time to write an exam, my father was a WWII veteran and was a Radio Operator at ATC during the war.
I want to knwo if there are any sites or associations in Hyderabad for HAM which offer help for writing the exam and obtaining license
I also need some info if you can help
What should I try for, should I write the restricted or general, I don't knwo Morse, I have to learn it from scratch, how difficult is it to get 8 words per minute and how long will it take to master it
what is advised for a beginner - restricted or general
where can I get books that help me prepare for the exam, if someone can give me the reference to publications which I can buy to study. Are there previous exam question papers solved from which I can prepare, if so where can I get them
any information will be of help to me
I am also an Amateur astronomer and I have a 6 inch Newtonian Reflector Telescope and I do some astrophotography, you can see my photos here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/76122336@N06/ and the vidoe of my astrophotgraphy compilation here http://vimeo.com/74302301
If some can give me info on the above questions it will be useful

arunshank

Re: Writing exam and getting a licence in Hyderabad

PostAuthor: Admin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Hello Arun Shankar!

Nice to meet you. Visited your flicker page-kudos to the pics!.

In Hyderabad, u can contact LARC, Lamakhan Amateur Radio Club in Banjara Hills, Which is the active club in Hyderabad with lot of veterans and excellent homebrewers.

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Learning Morse is simple and is thrilling, try for a General grade or both,which enable you to get alt least restricted,if u were unable to clear Morse exam

BTW, right now we have got 48 applications in hand and will be submitting the same by Tuesday 26th ,if you are interested in taking exam in Chennai, you can send your form to us by Monday, You are in!!

I can give you a Morse code tutor audio link, just mail us at
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Clubs are used to provide study materials and QP,so we are.

Thanks

Sinosh 8807299989
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Writing exam and getting a licence in Hyderabad

PostAuthor: arunshank » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Dear Admin
Thanks for the info
I will contact the club
I want to take the exam in HYD
I have also got to learn so I may need more time
Arun